"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Before I Forget

It's not a good morning. Once again I've been up half the night - well most of it actually - because the cat still hasn't come home. There hasn't been hide nor hair of him for two weeks now so I guess that's it then.

Anyway, before I forget again, here's a link I've been meaning to post for ages:

Petition against the nomination of Tony Blair as President of the EU

Sarkozy is much more luke-warm towards Blair's candidacy than he once was and seems to prefer the Spanish Gonzalez these days but we should never underestimate the vaunting ambition of the Blair-Mandelson team. Machiavellian back-room deals are being struck all over Europe in anticipation of full ratification of the Lisbon Treaty and we still don't know which side of the fence Cameron will climb down from. It won't hurt to sign it - just in case.

4 comments:

  1. Auch GV, I'm so sorry to hear that. Although I'm not a cat person I appreciate how much a pet can enhance our lives. You never know though GV, cats are clever beasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know SR, after his last escapade the vet said it must have taken him 2/3 days to drag himself home (that's why he now has 3 legs). Since then he was always such a home-body and clingy, to the extent of crying for me the minute he opened his eyes if I wasn't in the same room - he came 'walkies' with me to the shops and the post office. It's very quiet here without him and I have the dreadful feeling he's had his last 'adventure'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your cat shows up.

    Bliar has probably already swung things in his favour, it's his style, but that doesn't mean he cannot be stopped. Much depends on the Irish in October to decide that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the Czechs & Poles too, VotR, plus there are moves underway to give Westminster the same powers that the German Parliament has demanded in order to maintain our sovereignty. Unfortunately...well, you know the rest: it's being dismissed out of hand and doesn't even make the evening news.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails