"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Thursday, 9 July 2009

Hare-Brained Hain


"I do not think voters would thank you for troubling them with the question."

Believe me, Peter, it would be no trouble at all. In fact I believe it is my constitutional right to be 'troubled' with this question.

"What I am very clear about is that – and I think there is an overwhelming view in the cabinet about this – is that we need to be on high ground. We need to say where we stand as a Labour party. This is now, what is it now, we are in the 13th year of government. We need to settle this matter." Drivel at its best.

Hain: Wants change from FPTP to AV & reform Lords before GE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails