"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Help: This Blog ...

... seems to take longer to load than in the past and, to my eye, it also looks a little unwieldy. In an effort to trim it down I'm thinking of re-organising my blogrolls at some point this week. You know the sort of thing: VotR contributors, Libertarian Party Members, blogs I like that give reciprocal links, American blogs, msm blogs etc and a very special section for blogs I like & currently link to but which don't link to me:

I don't like labelling but if anyone has a better solution, please let me know.
UPDATE: Apart from Edgar, who thinks I just talk too much...

8 comments:

  1. Could it be something to do with 199 blog posts in July alone? Just asking ...

    wv: bumbolog. It really isn't how I would have expressed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saying I have too much to say and should get a life Edgar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, now lads we're all friends here. GV, just go with the flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) OR - we are. (Try saying that out loud).

    It's just a joke OR - perhaps not everyone has the same sense of humour that I do but I think Edgar gets it - I wouldn't have said it otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GV how do you know which blogs link to you? My blog roll at the side doesn't register on Wikio so I believe so I have your blog in my reader, along with my other favourites. They register I think. Auch this whole blog listing business can get to me, do you notice the stttutttering with tttthe ttttyping?


    Oh WV: dishiest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ask yourself about blog features: Is this bit really needed, or is it just for show? Does it have any real purpose? Shall I choose form over function, or vice versa?

    Time for a spring clean in July?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm tempted to do without sometimes SR - but I like it because it makes all my favourite blogs easy to reach and see who's saying what - purely selfish. I actually hadn't thought of an SNP section so thanks for that ;) I'll ssee wwhat I ccan ddd-do. Avert your eyes tomorrow morning because my first post, all being well, is going to be one from my childhood and the SNP will probably kkkk-kill me :)

    Thanks VotR - but I don't think I have many features - that's why an objective view is welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, but it's your opinion that counts the most here, being your blog. If you think it's fine, then that is all that counts. Do as thou wilt, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails