"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Sunday, 12 July 2009

I May Be Some Time

It's slow, often doesn't do what I tell it to do, frequently does what I don't want it to do; it copies the wrong things and deletes the wrong things thanks to a wandering cursor, so ... I'm going to take a look at cleaning up the hard drive. If you never hear from me again, you'll know I've crashed and burned.

6 comments:

  1. Weird. Mine's been the same these past few days. Will be defragging, then checking my firewall security.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck..good blog!:) Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fausty - don't defrag! It must be blogger. It's really difficult to post at the moment. I transferred everything to an external hard drive then cleared out unused progs from the main hard drive and deleted the usual history/temporary pages and so on; I've even tried IE instead of Firefox. None of that seems to have helped - just hold back from de-fragging for a while. I think there's a chance it's Blogger and not us.

    WomanHonorThyself - thanks for dropping by again. Why stop at Sundays? Have a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck GV. I'm on a Mac and blogger's been slow too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SR - it must be the blogger format so I'm checking out others at the moment. It isn't just that Blogger is slow, it just fails to do anything very much right at the moment - perhaps it's become 'too big to fail'? I'm checking out Wordpress & I'll let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've started a WordPress account but haven't made up my mind whether to switch yet. They have some nifty features in the pipeline.

    Blogger has a beta available - some new features but nothing earth shattering. You can test it by creating a new post and substituting "www" in the address bar with "draft".

    I'll hold off on the defrag for now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails