"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 24 July 2009

I Must Be Getting Old

It's nothing that hasn't been said before but it's nice to see it in one video:

UPDATE: I've just noticed it's got a BNP logo at the end.  I agree with the sentiments expressed.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, those were the days. I'd miss the Internet if that went, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking at old photographs from that era -every day was halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd have the pubs and post offices back though Fausty! And Big D, are you talking sepia-tint Box Brownies here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true that I would rather things were more like they were than how they are. But I don't know whether a 12 year old would agree with that. It could be that what you grew up with always seems the best option, and people have been thinking the same way for millenia. I guess all that has just gone and isn't likely to come back any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails