"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Online

After 3hrs, tests galore and a 'change of cable' at the nearest intersect, or whatever, we're no further forward but at least I'm back online & the phones work so no worse off than when the engineer started - small mercies. PMQ's verdict will be late.

2 comments:

  1. Commiserations. When I worked in Liverpool, we had a flakey internet connection (Virgin), which is a pain when we do so much online these days.

    You're not using BT Internet (or whatever they call it these days) are you?

    I've been using Zen Internet for over a decade and have not had a single second's downtime - apart from when my router died!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well Fausty, they supposedly installed a 'new cable', spent three hours and then decided it was the router. The engineer actually left me worse off because the internet didn't work and neither did one of the phones. I've since re-entangled the wires so I can get online now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails