"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Thursday, 27 August 2009

Cannabis & Khat


So far as I can tell, and I have to admit I'm not an expert, the only difference is one is smoked, the other is chewed; one is illegal, the other is not.

Why is it legal to grow a greenhouse full of Khat but not Cannabis? (Actually, if AGW is real, I won't even need a greenhouse - my boys and I could buy a field in Kent and cover it in polytunnels for khat-growing - pin your ears back, boys!)

I can see demand for Khat soaring as the government has plans to criminalise the legal highs of Spice, GBL & BZP. The beauty of my dastardly plan lies in its simplicity: the government will never criminalise Khat because it's used primarily by Muslims from the Yemen, Somalia, Saudi Arabia... ... I think I've just found a financial cushion for my old age.

Khat
More Khat

A Home Office Report

2 comments:

  1. Wow GV, I'd never heard of khat until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SR - I think I may be on to something with my polytunnels idea :) On the other hand, I might make more money if it *was* criminalised - strange that! The UK's drugs policy isn't making much sense at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails