"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 3 August 2009

Chickens


Of the eighteen blogs who said they'd take part in Positive News Day six either stayed in bed or went out to the pub instead.

It was a bit of a struggle but everyone else gave it a go - and let's face it, if Brown had been found face-down in his study or slipped whilst out walking in the Lake District I'm sure we'd be able to put a positive spin on that as well. Back to the usual vicious nihilism of blogging tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Right, I'm going to have a scout around and see if I can get anything! I've blogged twice already, but not in a positive way, does that bar me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It's up to you Rab - if you can find anything post it but don't forget to pinch a copy of the logo to go with it or people will think you've gone mad. I've finished for the day now - too stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two posts in one day; a personal record.
    Back to the red wine research!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The benefits of red wine was a very popular story Conan and maybe I should do some research of my own to see if it really does give everything a rosy tint! (Does it work on Brown though?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I've been at work. I'm trying to think of something - honest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gigits, it's well know that bloggers are supposed to be whingeing workless layabouts - why are you letting the side down?

    ReplyDelete
  7. One positive post was my lot today! It's a relief to return to vicious nihilism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried! but I really couldn't find anything that made me feel positive about the world. yes, tere were some 'good news' items, but the context was just too depressing for words.

    There was a report in the Japan Times that elderly shoplifters usually stole because they were feeling lonely. I suppose now they can all get together and stop feeling lonely, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't they have laughing lessons in Japan Edgar? Maybe all the lonely elderly shoplifters could go to one of those. One post was a good try Fausty - I got back to usual at about half past six so didn't make a full day either.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails