"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Day After Day After Bloody Interminable Day

What I'd like to know is exactly what the Conservatives propose to do to combat the blatant misuse of our taxes as exemplified in this post from Burning our Money ? Cameron, we're fed up with our taxes being used against us: telling us what to say, how to think, how to eat, drink but not be merry, how to live, how to die.

Burning our Money is right, the BBC gets more like a Shopping Channel every day and the Sustainable Development Commission is a one hundred percent taxpayer-funded organisation which should have all its members taken out and lined up against a wall. Oh Lord, I'm so angry today - it might be fall-out from having to be so nice yesterday but I am absolutely sick and tired of our taxes going to fund organisations which then come back and kick us in the butt until we comply.

We don't live in a parliamentary democracy. We don't live in a country where what you see is what you get. We live in a country where governments have so underfunded important infrastructure that the country is falling apart at the seams and heaving under the weight of the population. We live in a country where you're promised one thing by govt but get another and there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing f@cking works with Labour. Here's a reminder for anyone who has ever voted for the Labour Party since its Fabian-aided inception:

6 comments:

  1. Now look here, GV, we have our blogs and long may we do so. There is a light at the end of this long Labour tunnel. There really is. Now unlike Jim Snot and his moronic load of manure, dave is quite bright. He will not tell the enemy what his battle plans are until the troops are drawn up on the field of an election. Stay with it, buddy. Labour are dead in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, OR, but if Dave is 'quite bright' then I am Uncle Tom Cobley and all. As he gets more and more coverage, the gaffes will get thicker and thicker. The reason for this is really very obvious: Cameron knows nothing about ordinary, average people's lives. Nothing at all. Prepare to hear him spontaneously announce VAT reduction on butlers' uniforms and no Housing Benefit allowed on one's second yacht.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OR? Why do you always imply I'm giving up? I just don't understand it. In the first instance, things I post aren't always new to me but they are a way of spreading the word to a wider audience. Secondly, I have no intention of not 'staying with it'.

    I also disagree with you VotR - fwiw I agree Cameron will fall short, nothing to do with crap like 'butler's uniforms' but just because he doesn't have the cojones to do what is needed. Perhaps that's what OR means by 'staying with it'. If I want to say that the Conservatives have policy deficits then I will - but a butler's uniform isn't one of them.

    I think it's time to stop the stereotyping - hormones have kicked in with vengeance today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No offence. Just me also suffering from rage induced Labour defecit. ILD, for short!
    Now all my comments about DC are meant to be contrasted with what we have at present. Nuff said?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think Cameron will have a choice - he'll have to cut drastically. He knows that he'll be extremely unpopular due to cuts and the state of the economy (even though it's Labour's legacy and won't be the Tories' fault). So he will try to shore up his popularity by getting rid of bloat.

    I can't make up my mind about Cameron, mostly because he will not come clean on what he'll do about Lisbon, should it be ratified by the time the GE comes around.

    I will vote tactically. If the Tories appear to be in landslide territory, then I will seek to reduce their number (large majorities have a deleterous effect on democracy) by voting UKIP.

    If it looks like we're headed for a hung parliament, or close to it, I'll vote Tory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OR, we all feel like that, don't worry.

    Fausty, was that an advert? I agree with you about the Conservatives - except I won't be voting tactically at the next GE because I think it's too important.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails