"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 1 August 2009

Positive News Day

A blogger searching for positive news

When I was over at North Northwester's place earlier (They're Joking Aren't They) I followed one of his links and came across Sicily Scene which has also been taking part in Silly Week. This blogger has picked up an idea and run with it so I thought I'd see if I could do the same.

With that in mind, on Monday next this blog will only publish positive news. I realise this is a bit of a gamble and that's why it will only be for one day rather than an entire week (that would be just plain silly). Who knows? It could go down like a lead balloon and leave Monday a completely post-free day with a blank white space whistling into a great void of nothingness - but you never know, I might find something and will look on it as a challenge.

Does anyone want to join in or are you all too frit to risk the sound of silence?

Take no notice of the date on the logo. If any helpful photoshop techie can remove the date and correct the spelling I'd be very grateful!

9 comments:

  1. Count me in. It'll be most time consuming finding postive sources GV but I'll do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you SR - I know it won't be easy but perhaps we can find out of there is any good news out there at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit behind the curve aren't you? My last three posts have all been positive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - right Mr Swiss! Positively excoriating more like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could take the date off with iPhoto, just a quick crop would do it but I don't know how to change the spelling. 50% isn't bad though is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be inclined to post about something old but good - but not necessarily news.

    Which Monday, then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for offering SR - 50% sounds like a glass half full to me!
    No, NNW - it definitely has to be something good from Monday's news (Monday next - the 3rd Aug I think) or else it defeats the object. Go on - I bet you can ;) We can always have an Oldie but Goodie Day the week after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) go on then, grab the pic (still unaltered I'm afraid) and spread it around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails