"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Sunday, 2 August 2009

Positive News Day: Final Call

The blogs taking part, so far, are:

Sub Rosa
They're joking, aren't they
The Daily Politics
Grumpy Old Twat
Barking Spider
Fausty
Events dear boy, Events
Gigits
Flying WarPigs
Edgar
The Lone Voice
Pseudepigrapha
CryBaby
Dazed & Confused
CatoSays
Old Rightie
John in Medway
The Red Rag
Calling England

Positive News Day was prompted by a post on Sicily Scene, a blog I found by chance because it was taking part in MiaS's Silly Week. Since any possibility of positive news in Britain seemed so far-fetched and the thought of it made me laugh, I thought it might be an appropriate extension of Silly Week.

The challenge is to fill the entire day with positive news (are you laughing yet?) or, more realistically, as many feelgood stories as you can find. There are no prizes except perhaps the accolade of being the most optimistic/delusional blogger of the year!

The only rule is it must be a proper news story - no gratuitous pics of cute baby animals! If anyone else is joining in, let me know and I'll add you to the list above.

(PS I hear North Northwester has a possible theme for next Monday so keep your eyes peeled).

14 comments:

  1. Real news that is positive?

    Apart from the almost-ubiquitous evangelical stuff, this is what passes for Good News in the States.

    I suppose it might be good for me to try ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong! I'm glad the kid is alive ... but is it 'good news' that no-one was actually shot dead at a basketball game ...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you mean - I suppose there's always an angle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye count me in, guess no reading of the Daily Mail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard Dogster - I put you in the same category as GoT - it's going to be really difficult for you!
    You must have some goods news up there Conan - if only the fact that you're not in England! You're both added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone must have a look at Conan's latest post.

    http://mypseudepigrapha.blogspot.com/2009/08/positive-day-scots-perspective.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw it SR - he's done a nice Scottish graphic there, top man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, joining in, but good God this will be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still haven't found any!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For the next two weeks that Harm Man is in charge, I will be on a 'target harriet' blogging campaign, and expect lots of thrills and spills.

    I'm feeling very positive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come on Bob - or have you just decided to have an afternoon nap instead? Go over to CatoSays who's astounded me with all the 'positive news'.

    Harman had a good slapdown from Prescott & the media VotR so perhaps she'll keep a low profile? (No, I don't think she will either.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about a post next Monday about the good that our culture has produced in art, entertainment, and literature?
    That’s entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Red Rag has joined in, better late than never.

    Firefighters free upside-down cow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails