"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 1 August 2009

Who Would Live In A House Like This?

Ennis House: Not me, though I suppose I could make a fairly decent garden flat out of the ground floor. If you're interested it needs major structural renovation and is on the market at just $15m.

This is more my style (I can hear the water and smell the air from here) but it isn't on the market yet:

Fallingwater:Here's a link to an archive of Frank Lloyd Wright's distinctive & beautiful architecture.

Actually, it's just a pipe-dream because I'm saving my pennies to buy into Swiss Bob's Libertarian Island.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that... some interesting stuff there.

    I tend to obsess about politics and forget just how much good stuff there is on t'internet that isn't ranting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speak of the devil! I've just finished a post which mentions you, partly inspired by the kind of thought you write above.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails