"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Deep Joy In The Fundimold

I wasn't going to post anything else today, mainly because I've been flitting in and out of my head and generally crashing out thanks to some bug or virus that's managed to attach itself to me since Sunday. I love those 'dreams' when you're running a temperature and aren't right in the head - really vivid (I might tell you later - shimmying up flagpoles to fly the Union Flag and barefoot Kate Bush-style dancing).

Anyway, so I'd just woken up and made a cup of tea when, bang bang bang on the door.  Deep voice: 'hello, hello, well there's obviously someone in because it's open' (I've got an iron grille that means the door can be open but huge bolts prevent access). So there I was looking like
and stumbling to the door like a short-sighted legless drunk. One of the men thrust a cat collar through the grille - is this cat yours?

Long story short. They've found Suki, after all this time, bloody cat, wait till I get hold of him; I'll chop off one of his three remaining legs when I get him tomorrow, all being well.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant, GV, I'm so glad you got him back and he's all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Spider - he's the worse for wear, having lost lots of fur in some sort of fight apparently but I'll be glad to have him home - just wish I was up to getting him today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may well guffaw but I did say a prayer for you and presto! Fantastic, just fantastic, he's not in a chicken vindaloo after all.
    Great news for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks OR - he's been missing so long I thought my own prayers had gone unanswered, mind you there is a lot of other stuff going on in the world at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he's got home - horrible thing to lose a pet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe GV, you see, you should never give up hope.

    He'll mend but I expect he'll need a trip to the vet. Get yourself right tonight and rest up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails