"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 16 September 2009

For The Record...

... and before I forget, Dominic Grieves, Shadow Justice Minister, launched a policy initiative today:  Reversing the Rise of the Surveillance State.  For me, it doesn't go far enough.  I note the Conservatives still intend to adopt a facsimile of Jack Straw's 'British Bill of Rights', despite the fact that we already have one.

Cameron may have looked on the electorate over the past few years and wondered how we put up with it all.  Where does the stoicism come from?  Where did we find the backbone to put up and shut up?  He may have rubbed his hands together and thought that this stoicism, this silence, is endless, but he would be mistaken.  Cameron's Conservatives are on the same warning as Brown and Labour.  Do not take us for fools.  We're only putting up with this govt because we see the chance of real change next May.  The first time you let us down will be the last.

3 comments:

  1. In truth, GV, I think it is polite to give Cameron a chance, but like many things done for a politic reason, futile.

    Cameron will lie and cheat the electorate. They simply cannot help themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cameron's Conservatives are on a warning. Simple.
    I don't want to believe that they're all alike because the day I truly believe that is the day I'll be standing in front of Downing St/Parliament getting myself arrested. As far as I'm concerned, 2010 is their final chance to show that they truly represent the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're gonna be disappointed, GV

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails