"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 2 September 2009

I'm Flossing The Cat

 I've already said 'this far and no farther'. Thanks to the Dogster for posting about this: Under new rules councils are fining each adult in a household £110 for wheelie bin 'crimes'.
Nope, no can do, no more, take a hike, foad
Or, putting on my new-found peacenik hat and to be more polite, 'No' because...
...I've been scheduled for a karma transplant.
...I'm enrolled in aerobic scream therapy.
...I'm teaching my ferret to yodel.
...I'm taking up totem pole carving.

How many ways must people say 'No'?
You'll pay for it in the end.  A generation of parents, a generation of children and of grandparents, will remember and you will pay the price for screwing up the country...once I've finished flossing the cat.

4 comments:

  1. Town Halls are out of control. I see by the comments in the Mail article that there are many, many people who also seem to have had enough, but whether that anger will turn into visible action is something else, unfortunately. We British are absolutely bloody hopeless at organising civil protest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was always the hallmark of the English, Edgar. Let's sit down and be civilised old chap, let's have a nice cup of tea and talk things through.

    Someone is using the best of our nature against us. I think more people are realising what's happening - it doesn't have to be a seismic shift, just long enough to rid ourselves of those who think they are born to be elite. It doesn't even have to be violent - protest marches on Westminster from John o'Groats to Lands End would do it.

    I haven't read the comments - perhaps I'll go back and kid myself I'm doing something positive by checking a few comments ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Edgar, some of my replies to comments are longer than my posts these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar is a man always worthy of and deserving of any apology, GV!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails