"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Sunday, 27 September 2009

Ruining A Peaceful Sunday

Usually on a Sunday I just post two things: the Round-up and the Reflection; I also have a Grand Prix post if there's one that weekend and a petition update if I remember. The past few weeks have thrown up stories in the Sundays which I couldn't help but comment on (like Mandelson's 'I'm a political whore' comments this morning).

So, sorry, but I just had to post the following pic which I came across as I searched for a general BNP blog along the independent lines of ConHome or  Bloggers4UKIP for the new section in the sidebar. Why am I now thinking of Sir Les Patterson instead of Thomas Tallis?


Just as an aside, I discovered that the BNP leadership has disassociated itself from independent online Patriot blogs - and I can see why after looking at a few.  Some of them tend to alienate rather than welcome.

5 comments:

  1. “I searched for a general BNP blog along the independent lines of ConHome or Bloggers4UKIP.”

    http://british-nationalist.org.uk/

    MOTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer to go with you, Sarah or ER - and the three of you are already in my bloglist.

    I know it's unfair but that link list is for established journalists and a general, independent, open-to-all blog along the lines of Conservative Home.

    I'll have another look at British Nationalist in case I dismissed it too easily but I don't think it meets the criteria I've set. If I wanted them, I'd have put them in the blogroll before now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not unfair.

    You're right, they probably wouldn't meet that criteria at this moment in time. Perhaps in the future.

    MOTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a way, it is unfair. The bottom line is that I'm looking for a professional or semi-pro BNP blog that criticises as well as applauds and is open to all-comers to comment as they will.

    I can't put BNP home in the list because that's not what the section is for - it would be the same as putting the official Conservative Party or Labour Party websites in the links.

    I tell you what, I'll put British Nationalist in the professional link and let people make up their own minds - can't say fairer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks GV.

    I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

    Have been neglecting my own blog roll. I do enjoy reading your blog so have added you to the roll.

    Best of British Regards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails