"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Sunday, 13 September 2009

Not The Sunday Round-Up

I'm breaking with a regular feature this morning and there'll be no Sunday Round-up, hence the Monza Grand Prix and Sunday Reflection have already been posted.

Yesterday I only had time to scan the leaked EUISS Report and I need to do more reading - at 175 pages it's going to take up most of my time. To just read snippets and get an overview, have a look at the post.

I've always tried to lighten the writing, and reading, of the blog by including bits of poetry, humour and music and my writing style has bordered on frivolous or sarcastic in a deliberate attempt to introduce balance.  The style was never meant to obscure the message and, at all times, the music or the poetry has added to the writing and said something more about the topic.

When I began, back in March, it was to pass on information about the British Parliament, the EU and the possibility of world governance and let people make up their own minds.  Believe me, I'm not a loony conspiracy theorist. I'm just a normal person who believes that, in normal circumstances, an individual, not the state, is best placed to regulate his own life, dream his own dreams, set & achieve his own goals.  I do not believe in collectivism; it's an unviable dystopia dreamt up by power-crazy, control-freak nutjobs.

After skim-reading the report yesterday my first reaction was despair and futility but that was swiftly followed by a 'wtf? moment'.  When I've read it in full I may come back as a full-on attack blog because, despite what's implied in the document, I think there's still time for us to change things round.



Sorry if this post seems as though I'm disappearing up my own fundament but I have some thinking to do.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best things about the so-called blogosphere (Jeez, can't someone come up with a better name?) is that the act of thinking is not sneered at, rather it is encouraged. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar, the only thought I can come up with so far is the one I started the blog with: to the barricades. As for 'blogosphere', I agree: it's an ugly, unwieldy word born of the internet & cyberspace - but perhaps it's time we learned to be proud of it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails