"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 19 September 2009

Written By A British Soldier

This was written by a British Soldier and came to me via email - he, or she, makes a lot of sense!

> I work, they pay me.

> I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

> In order to earn that pay, I work for the MOD.

> I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

> What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

> Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque because I have to pass one, to earn it for them?

> Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

> I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse, drinking beer and smoking dope.

> Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

> Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK & soon!

Urine tests for benefit claimants?  Makes sense to me.

2 comments:

  1. Someone's taking the piss.

    (Sorry, GV, somone had to do it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! irresistible I suppose.
    Imagine the field day the civil liberties brigade would have with something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails