"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 21 October 2009

The Field Of Financial Endeavour

"Never in the field of financial endeavour has so much money been owed by so few to so many"
Last night when Mervyn King was speaking to business leaders, including bankers, in Edinburgh he paraphrased Churchill's tribute to The Few. Fair enough, but if you listen at about 2:10 in you'll hear laughter from the audience. I know I keep saying I'm losing my sense of humour but, for the life of me, I can't see what angle they're coming from. What's so funny? I'm completely bemused.



Links:
Sterling falls to session low
King's blistering attack on bailout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails