"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 16 October 2009

The Vagaries Of Blogging

When I read that David Cameron had been instructed to repay £18.16 by Legg because of an overpayment to him of mortgage interest I thought: hold your hand out, you naughty boy, which naturally led me to Marie Lloyd and YouTube. Alas, British music hall is thin on the ground and original songs moreso. I couldn't bear a Petula Clark or Alma Cogan re-jig so this will have to do and makes the point equally as well- life's just an attitude of mind and I wouldn't mind a Rothschild's millions:



Here's a rolling record of who's repaying what and why.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails