"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 13 November 2009

I'll Be Back...

... once I'm home in England - I'll still try to do occasional round-ups and Sunday Reflections in the meantime.

Thank you so much to everyone who's commented and made this blog better than it deserved.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, have I missed something, GV? I hope this isn't something permanent, or even semi-permanent ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semi-permanent, Edgar. After a week of illness and bad news I have to get back to England. The blog won't close but it won't be as 'prolific' as before - I hope to be back to normal in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope things improve in both ways. It's a tough job just keeping up with your blogs :) but I'll miss them. Take care of yourself: hope you aren't away too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is very much a lifeline to sanity and rationality. Far more civilised and thought out than any of my efforts.

    Hope you're back to match fitness soon. And I'll keep a lookout for you in my RSS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about this, GV, I'll look forward to having you back with us in the new year. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys - there'll be intermittent postings but nothing like the quantity of the past, at least not until things change a little round here in a month or so.

    CS - 'This blog is very much a lifeline to sanity and rationality.' That's really kind of you but the more I dig into politics the more insane and irrational I become :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails