"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 27 November 2009

Pearson New UKIP Leader


Lord Pearson of Rannoch has been elected the new leader of UKIP following the resignation of Nigel Farage: “UKIP is not for sheep, UKIP is not for lemmings, UKIP is for people who act and speak for themselves"

Since Cameron's comments that the state needs to be replaced by society but 'the state will play a large part in 'nudging' society' I've become distinctly unenamoured with the Conservatives. His fondness for the EU and aspects of 'Red Toryism' (a la Philip Blonde), adds to my disenchantment.

I hope Pearson's election will strengthen UKIP and draw voters to them in droves when a clear manifesto is laid out in the coming months. I also look forward to finding out the number of Libertarian candidates and English Democrat candidates standing; the BNP will, I think, be fielding a candidate in every constituency. I see a glimmer of hope.

Here's one of Lord Pearson's pre-election speeches:

2 comments:

  1. I just got the weekly e-mail from Cameron tonight, GV. It seems that he also chooses to ignore the facts emerging from the CRU e-mails and is rabbiting on regardless about climate change and Copenhagen - as far as I'm concerned, he can fuck right off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Spider, I've had enough of him too. I've been hoping for some clear indication that he'll be different - like dismantling surveillance, a Grand Repeal Act of all bad Labour legislation, in/out referendum, addressing constitutional issues, anything to show he'll be different. It's just not happening. I opted out of his emails a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails