"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 11 January 2010

Sweet Dreams!

I was going to save this for Sunday Reflection - until I realised it's still only Monday, so here it is:

With thanks to the lovely Scottish Scunnert

5 comments:

  1. Hi Calling England,

    I've linked to your site as you're definately a kindred spirit. My site is

    http://ukwebspider.blogspot.com/

    and is specifically designed for bloggers such as yourself to get the latest blog news. I'm tracking 400 websites a day and I hope you will at least check it out, and I hoe it will prove useful as a resource.

    Regards

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, but as I posted at Scunnerts place, I prefer the Scots original snd would have Jerusalem as Englands theme tune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave - I've already been over a couple of times - nice site.
    I don't think it's meant to be a National Anthem Banned, it's just a sentiment that I hope is gaining ground. The Conservatives have been discussing banning anyone other than an MP for an English constituency debating and voting on matters relating solely to England which sounds like a good, but slow, start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They may have Celtic roots but they do little or nothing for their Celtic land. Bunch of chancers.

    Like banned, I prefer the original but this isn't bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your comment SR - sorry. I know very little about the Croppers - I didn't realise they had Scottish roots. It's not a bad song - the sentiments are fine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails