"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Thursday, 4 February 2010

A Cross Post

What a bloody week-and-a-half, give or take a few months or so.

Spain is, in the main, still a pain, sun or rain etc etc.  The local Andalucian junta (that's a regional government to you and me)  has, quite arbitrarily, looked back at cash house purchase records and re-valued.  We now have a retrospective tax which, if not paid immediately, accumulates on a daily basis.  As if I wasn't already looking down the flushing toilet bowl of life, now this.  Karma?  I freely admit that since 2002 I may not have been in the best frame of mind to make decisions but, even so, give me a break.

Here's a pic of my own, unshaven-but-lovely, motley crew at New Year:

Photo removed since they threatened retaliation!

I've been so cross about so much and my fingers have itched to get to the keyboard but it hasn't been possible - until now.  The Legg Report cost £1.1m.  How much have MPs repaid so far?  £1.2m.  Do me a favour - f@cking muppets.
PS: Don't laugh at Regional Government - the foundation stones have already been laid in the UK and it's coming out of hiding in England now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails