"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Thursday, 25 February 2010

MorOn Brown

politics... but the government should be.

On factionalism and Trotskyism.  Has Brown issued a denial yet?   Will we see him on Newsnight this evening or will he save it for a cosy chat with Titchmarsh?  (Note to Cameron: Do.  Not.  Do.  It.)

2004
2005
2006
2007

"I've always said to Tony - and I think this should be clear, and it was made clear on many occasions when I've talked to Tony - the decision is for him, it should be for him. I will support him in the decision he makes, I know he will make it in the interests of the party but also, most importantly in the interests of the country."
Mr Brown also insisted he would "welcome" other MPs standing against him in the Labour leadership election after Mr Blair stands down, saying: "They should be free to put both their views forward and to stand if that is what they want to do ...I think it's good for the party if there's an election. I've got no difficulty and certainly there's no personal issues about other people standing."

Hanging man, kitty

2 comments:

  1. Yes GV they'll say and do anything to leave their mark.

    Usually a great length of brown cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope that the word spreads, Incoming! I hope more people will vote in the coming election having checked the expenses of their sitting MP. If ever an election called for tactical voting, this is it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails