"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Rear Of The Year

Please, let there be a God who shares my sense of humour! How delicious it would be for Dear Harriet, the leader of our feminazi sisterhood, to win the 2010 competition. She's already been nominated by several contributors - why not add your own voice?

Here's the RotY competition website

I'd like to think that this might be the only vote she wins this year but since she has a majority of 13,483 in her Labour constituency of Camberwell & Peckham, I won't hold my breath - it's the 17th safest seat in the country.

Voted moderately for a transparent Parliament.
Voted moderately for introducing a smoking ban.
Voted very strongly for introducing ID cards.
Voted very strongly for introducing foundation hospitals.
Voted strongly for introducing student top-up fees.
Voted strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws.
Voted very strongly for the Iraq war.
Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war.
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident.
Voted very strongly for the hunting ban.
Voted strongly for equal gay rights.
Voted moderately against laws to stop climate change

Plus:
Register of Members' Interests, but not updated since December 2008.
Charles Moore reviews Hattie's Bible: The Spirit Level
Extract:
The book seeks to show that inequality produces poor health, more murder, more mental instability, less trust and too much "chronic mobilisation of energy in the form of glucose into the bloodstream", resulting in obesity. Human society is better when we resemble bonobos, the authors claim: apparently these creatures solve problems via mutual masturbation, whereas nasty, rough chimps fight for status. Naturalists inform me, by the way, that bonobos are extremely stupid.

9 comments:

  1. Great Great Great Blog

    Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

    I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

    Hey i am interesting in adding your http://callingengland.blogspot.com/
    in my blog
    http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


    I am honored to add it to my friend's blog list.

    Will you add my blog in your blog list.

    Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

    Please reply dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vijay - nice space blog but to be honest we've got enough problems here at the moment. I'll have another look and might add you to my 'Quiet Corner'.

    Hi Ollie - I b/marked it this morning - telepathy or what? I intended to include it in a link on a post that's niggling me at the moment. I'm not on facebook or twitter myself but lots of trusting souls are!

    I can't believe no-one's even commented on Harriet's rear or the Bonobos! It's all 'me me, me' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GV,
    On the basis that what we are actually talking about is 'Arse Of The Year' then yes, Harriet deserves to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, Mr W :-) But can you imagine the loathing and humiliation she would feel if she actually won? Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there some national uncertainty about what a feminist might look like: are they so thin on the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go on Edgar, you know you want to vote for her. Cant on the lips = thick on the hips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GV it might "seem" to be the 17th safest seat, or rear, but I'll bet all here rabid equalityising, inclusivityising and diversityising is going to bite her on the arse big time. Just watch. The place is full of rabid misogynists, theists, racists, supremacists and nutters. All thanks to her and her mentalist mates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope so Incoming - my faith in politics & democracy really needs restoring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails