"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Are You Angry?

Are you? Are you totally ticked off and hate your fellow human being for no discernible reason? Do you want to punch the check-out girl or trolley-dolly on the nose?

Think again. Rewind. When did these feelings begin?

I put it to you that these feelings began when you were trodden on and metaphorically punched on the nose. Hit with an unjust fine? Hit with an unjust penalty notice? Hit with an unjust tax? Don't vent your rage on your fellow man, who suffers the same as you; every person you pass in the street has their own story, their own worries and cares. Vent your rage instead on any government who places such restrictions and impositions on you.

Is it my fault your firm is laying off workers just because I've bought a new car ? Is it my fault your taxes are going up just because I look different to you? Is it my fault I've just bought a new tv and you can't afford one?  Of course it f/king well isn't, just as it isn't your fault if I find myself over-burdened and in desperate straits.

Look to the government of the day. Look to the govt that created the circumstances and look to yourselves. You've got a vote - think about it and use it. If 90% of the electorate turned out at the GE I'd be ecstatic and abide by the result.  Apathy is the worst thing possible in a 'democratic' society.  The 'mother of Parliaments' is a joke and whose fault is that?  It's ours.  Kick the b/stards out and scrutinize every PPC who comes to your door asking for your vote.

Sorry, it turned out to be a bit of a lecture and I didn't intend that.  I've been reading the comments in the Daily Mail, the Guardian and the Times - it's time to stop blaming others and put it where it fairly belongs.  We must look to ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. The vast majority of what the Nazis and Communists got up to could never have happened without the passivity of the majority, and the active participation of millions of ordinary folk.

    There is a Commissar lurking in many people who seem most normal - it's the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree LE - and welcome to the blog - I actually think you're right when you talk of Commisars - but it isn't normal, it isn't right. Responsibility begins with ourselves, not with any government.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just happened to look in from the right rant,

    you my freind need to come and live here in Luxor Egypt. is it my fault this and that, well here amongst the Muslim population it is your fault you can afford a tv or whatever, after a few years yes" you would like to smack one of the guys who keep asking if you want a banana, cos he can not buy a tv only with your money. or the Guy who fought hard to get asylum in the uk. and now comes here to his poor country on holiday paid for by the taxpayer. he has a nice business here with his dole money. and yes I would like to make his fukin nose bleed but. I would be the one arrested by the police who can not afford a tv. unless I offer to buy them one to drop the charges,
    why do I rant on about Egypt?? read my blog
    http://justliars.blogspot.com

    and just be greateful you live in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what it is to be accosted by policemen who paint your legs black and cut your hair. I don't want to live there any more than you do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails