"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 8 March 2010

Hooray For Harman

Following yesterday's article that vegans are to be another protected species, there's more information today about Harriet's anti-discrimination and equality-for-all law (which actually derives from the EU's Equal Treatment Directive)

“A belief need not include faith or worship of a god or gods, but must affect how a person lives their life or perceives the world.”

Well, I perceive the world as being free from big state authoritarianism, meddlesome bureaucrats, cripplingly high taxes, over-weening police action, dissembling AGW scientists, feckless benefit scroungers, greedy multi-national corporations, indoctrinated school-children, suppressed news outlets, the Equalities and Human Rights Commission, Ornette Coleman's discordant jazz plus a fair selection of 'comedians' including, but not limited to, Frank Skinner, Rory Impersonator and David Mitchell.  (Feel free to add your own).

My beliefs also affect how I live my life so I qualify on that ground too: I abhor* the EU and I hold our government in contempt.  I do not accept that the State has any right to my, or my family's, personal information and I will question the assumption of any State jumped-up-jobsbody that they are entitled to such information on demand.  What follows will follow.  Stand together comrades of the blogosphere - we have nothing to shake off but the shackles of our 'harmonisation'!

Oh, and just in case anyone from CCHQ reads this blog (guffaw):  Calling Cameron!  The politicans' word of the day seems to be 'robust', so I hope that, once the date of the GE is announced, we will see robust policies and a robust manifesto from you and the Party you lead.  Isn't it a crying shame that all the old Conservative values you ditched because you thought they were worthless and an obstacle to 'office' should now come back and bite you on the behind?  You and your advisers really should check out the dictionary definition of 'office' and 'power'.  The electorate hold the upper hand.

*  I rarely use that word but it describes exactly how I feel about the EU:  etymology: 15c: from Latin ab- from or away + horrere to shudder.  Brrr...

7 comments:

  1. As a Jedi, qualify do I also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Marvo - I it love but more than census concerns it though. The end this is:

    Jobsbod: What is your name and address?

    Jedi: On whose authority ask you this of me?

    Jobsbod: Just the question answer.

    Jedi: A reasonable question I ask - recite Magna Carta and Common Law you must.

    "Clink" sound of dna being extracted.

    Yoda he say: on your ground stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, GV and I agree. We should make their lives as difficult as possible.

    It won't surprise you to learn that the EU is behind the Census requirements.

    They've found the perfect way to criminalise all of us and extract money from us at the same time - fines. It won't be long before they automatically extract it from our bank accounts - after they've outlawed cash.

    No jails necessary, then, except for those who are bothersome to the government.

    I despise these people.

    BTW, have you heard about the Tories wanting to nationalise independent schools? It's almost beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on Fausty - you could have at least tried to speak Yoda-like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess, GV, I wouldn't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Well, I perceive the world as being free from big state authoritarianism, meddlesome bureaucrats, cripplingly high taxes, over-weening police action, dissembling AGW scientists, feckless benefit scroungers, greedy multi-national corporations, indoctrinated school-children, suppressed news outlets, the Equalities and Human Rights Commission"

    Sure your name is not Maggie, GV? I'd vote for you.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) Yes Mr W, I think there are some vote-winning policies in there - if only there were a Party (UKIP?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails