"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 23 March 2010

I'm Tired

I'm tired of reading the newspapers, tired of listening to tv news, tired of hearing politicians lie through their teeth.  I'm tired of murders, muggings, thugs & dogs, surveillance cameras and drones.  I'm tired of guns, knives, asbos and hearing the word 'feral'.   I'm tired of airport body scanners, id databases, dna-gathering and internet surveillance.  I'm tired of government exhorting us to 'shop' someone to a free helpline or tell us not to be eat so much, drink so much, smoke so much, not to trust so much.  I'm tired of the subterfuge and deceit of politicians taking us for muppets and playthings.  I'm tired of being angry and repeating myself.  I'm tired of feeling like a painted lead soldier pushed into battle by an unseen hand on a game plan board.  I'm tired of their games, full stop.  I refuse to play.

Here's a video I like; it's a lesson in geography:


The painting is by Leighton.

6 comments:

  1. I like it too - very much - and it is much more than a simple geography lesson!

    Thank you for the video and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Opsimath, I'm glad you liked it. I don't like to push things down people's throats - I'd rather just give facts and let folk make up their own minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that painting, albeit a poster, on my wall. Good choice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the English finally waking up GV? At long last. They've only themselves to blame for allowing themselves to be called British. We refused - simple as that.

    Love the painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Flaming June' - it is lovely isn't it, 13th - it makes me feel warmer just looking at it. Who needs central heating?

    I hope so Subrosa. The problem is that political solutions seem so fragmented, spread as they are throughout minor Parties and some of the rhetoric borders on racist. The Conservatives have admitted that 'something must be done' but can't seem to find an equitable answer. It isn't deemed a big enough issue to put in any LibLabCon manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's time the English had a pride in their own nationality like we Scots are able to. For Christ's sake stand up and be counted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails