"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Halle-Flippin'-Lujah!

Where do I begin
To tell the story of how bad these weeks have 'bin'?
To tell the story of a router lost in post,
Of who fouled up the most?
The isp, the landline and the mailman's names
Are toast.
I thank them so much.

(The above should be sung to a blend between Love Story and Thanks for the Memory - what can I say?  I've been gone a long time and I'm out of practice).

The telephone service provider blames the i/net service provider, the isp blame the telephone service provider and I blame them both - but me too, for thinking it would be easier to let the isp provide the landline as well.  Not so.  If you're thinking of doing it, don't.

I've got such a lot of catching up to do  - for all I know the EU could have plans to install Uberlord Mandelson as Lord Protector of Middle England, that's how out of touch I am.

I don’t know when it happened that I morphed into a political version of Mary Whitehouse but when I found myself listening to the radio and shouting, ‘that’s not right’ and jotting down insults to truth in a notebook, I realised I’d probably crossed the Styx. I‘ve tried to tone it down since that moment of self-realisation and now confine myself to muttering ‘oh do f/ck off’ and reaching for the remote instead of the pen.

Tony Blair, thanking Gordon for saving the world from "peril", pet shop owners, Frankie Boyle, Pipsqueak Woolas (where would we be without him?), Hopi Sen (aspiring Labour MP) saying immigration statistics is a merely technical question and it’s good to have independent authorities (for which read quangos) to call govt to account – NO, IT ISN’T; the only people who are capable of calling any government to account are The People.

A special mention for Peter Spence of Sky News when he reported the last PMQs on LBC Radio. Completely skewed reporting and partial quoting which gave a completely different picture to what actually took place.

Back later when I've overcome my delirium at being back on line.

2 comments:

  1. It's a joy to see you back GV!

    Let's see some smoke coming off that keyboard!

    CR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cap'n. As for the smoke - take a look - there's a pall hanging over the whole wide world. Hope to see you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails