"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Sunday Reflection



UPDATE: 12.01.11 The original video was removed so I've substituted it with this one, which is very similar. It's the words that count, not the graphic images of other YouTube offerings.  Put yourself in the shoes of a politician and listen to these words.

You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down.


Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.


Well my goodness gracious let me tell you the news
My head's been wet with the midnight dew
I've been down on bended knee talkin' to the man from Galilee
He spoke to me in the voice so sweet
I thought I heard the shuffle of the angel's feet
He called my name and my heart stood still
When he said, "John go do My will!"


Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.


You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down.


Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will be brought to the light.


You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down.


Go tell that long tongue liar
Go and tell that midnight rider
Tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut you down.

3 comments:

  1. opsimathMay 09, 2010

    A quite different offering to your normal Sunday Reflection, CE, and one I didn't think I would enjoy very much.

    Behind the starkness of the guitar were some incredibly apposite words - thank you for bringing them to our attention.

    As we used to say - and it seems as if it was forever ago - 'The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small'.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes GV the universe never forgets and all you do will catch up eventually. Everything the evil doers achieve is but a coping strategy to evade justice. As the Universe knows "Evasion is not escape".

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's method in my madness, Opsimath! They always mean something and I'm glad you stayed with it.

    It's a long time coming though, Incoming, and I want to be around to see it. Does that make me a bad person? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails