"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 16 June 2010

BP Apologises

The Chairman of BP, Carl-Henric Svanberg, stood on the White House lawn this evening and apologised to "all the small people".

I think something was lost in the translation.

Sky
Daily Telegraph

2 comments:

  1. OK GV you'll have to hold my hand and guide me through this. Let me try and get my head round this. BP, who I've no love for, is going to hand over 20 Billions to who? The whole thing guided into life by a ganster bankster Whitehouse from Chicoago, gangster town, with a white house staff full of Alinskyist hustlers and Chicago Climate Exchange scammers. An administration full of hustler lawyers linked with the weirdest insurance and RICO scams imaginable.

    20 Billions looked after by whom? To fund what?

    Sounds like another private slushfund for gangster plans to me GV?

    Or have I got it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to Svanberg's speech live on the radio, Incoming, and that phrase he used (twice) really stood out. It may have been sloppy translation but it brought it home to me how the big multi-nats seem to think about ordinary people.

    I don't think BP have tried to wriggle out of their responsibilities over this and Obama has been needlessly harsh in his condemnation. It's the old Geithner thing of turning a crisis into an opportunity.

    I don't think you're wrong - someone in the new 'green' industries is going to get very rich out of this, just like Gore did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails