"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Whoops!

I'm sorry, I've been tied up today - it isn't that I forgot I had visitors coming it's just that time flies and I didn't realise it was the 13th of July already. We measure our days in Easter eggs and Christmas decorations now, not coffee spoons. Posting will continue to be erratic for another week or ten days so I hope you'll put up with me a while longer.

5 comments:

  1. Can you stop it GV?

    One minute you've got us crying into our whiskey glass the next you give us acres of ladybits all over the shop. Are you carrying out some sort of evil Tavistockian mind warp on your readership? :-)

    Woof woof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know the feeling well GV, time flying etc. enjoy the company of your visitors. These days I take mine out for only one day then give them a printed list of places to take themselves. It's too much trailing around Edinburgh several times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof, Woof, indeed! It's no more a mind warp than the one you're in, Incoming!!!!!!!! My visitors don't look exactly like those in the pic but they do scrub up well :-)

    Hi, SR, I find that day/night/seasons matter but dates and hours don't - it makes little difference to me whether it's June or July, which explains why I sometimes get caught out when dates sneak up on me. My nearest big city is still Marbella so, lovely though Edinburgh is, I have no problem showing everyone the sights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some delightful house-guests, Sir! My congratulations on such an excellent choice. I imagine waiting the bathroom queue can be a little tiresome, although undoubtedly it does have its compensations!

    Very nice - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no probs with the bathroom, Opsimath. It's the only time George Osborne's phrase, "We're all in this together," applies to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails