"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 28 August 2010

A Bit Of Everything

I'm not sure how much credence I can give to this report in the DT. Anyone who's been following the news about the UAF and the EDL will know that the UAF has *always* initiated the violence and have had more protesters arrested and charged than the EDL.

It won't do any good. Millions of Brits aren't going to join the EDL while they're portrayed as 'the baddies' and the UAF 'the goodies'; some of the nastiest fascists I've had the misfortune to read have written for UAF blogs. No opposition movement will be effective until millions of Brits are marching on Whitehall.

Yet another 'sleb' has been awarded a privacy injunction by the High Court. On one hand, I don't give a sh"t what they get up to but, on the other, I do mind that our libel laws are being misused and privacy laws tightened as a result. The next thing you know it will be against the law for the press to disclose details of MPs' expenses. Continental Europe, of course, has quite draconian privacy and libel laws - perhaps it's just more 'harmonisation'.

After Crispin Blunt's revelation that he's "been living a lie" after twenty years of marriage and two children we now have a Cabinet Minister threating legal action against the msm if they re-print accusations. Hmm... it can only be William Hague.

Paul Kenny, Gen.Sec of the GMB has said it will withdraw funding from the Labour Party if either David Milliband or Ed Balls is elected Party Leader. Good.

The comments to this article worry me. I'm not a believer in capital punishment - I don't believe in an eye for an eye or blood money (that's the Shari'a way). What we need is something we don't have and haven't had for the past thirty years: an effective judicial system with appropriate punishment - life must mean life. There mustn't be shorter sentences for pleading guilty in a police station, no time off for good behaviour, no automatic shortening of sentences by a half - just get rid of the common purpose/third way claptrap. The comments are a prime example of the pendulum swinging and unless Cameron pays attention it will get worse.

I think I've already played Ralph Reader's Gang Show singing 'We're Riding Along on the Crest of a Wave' but I can't find 'Here we are, here we are, here we are again' on YouTube.  I suppose they just don't have my sense of humour - it's probably just as well but I do like a bit of satirical visual or audio humour to go with the posts if poss so this will have to do instead.  Come on, workers! The government needs you - we're all in this together:



I'm going back to my flooded kitchen and splattering tap now.  Why is it that when things go wrong they go wrong at the same time?  This morning the coffee maker overflowed on to the floor; the dishwasher packed up (it's now in the middle of the floor with a monkey wrench, a bucket and several old towels)  and I had to take a pair of pliers and white vinegar to the cold tap.   I've cut back the perennials around the arch again because the gardener seems to think he needn't bother with me - note to self: don't be so pleasant & give extra cash in future.  I've de-potted plants and distributed them amongst my neighbours and hacked back the hibiscus; I've shredded documents, flossed the cats and fandangled the ferrets.  Perhaps it's time I thought about getting a man in.

Or perhaps not.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. "Perhaps it's time I thought about getting a man in."

    Ahem..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apols, should also have said that you obviously been a busy girl!

    You can take five - then get over here as I have one or two jobs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sure to bring my wrench and secateurs with me Mr W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't bother GV, I'm sure he's has one of each of his own. No point in paying for extra baggage is there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too true SR - its just the labour to work them that is missing!

    I pay good wages though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll slip them in my backpack, SR - no trouble. All offers considered. Have secateurs, will travel :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails