"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Post Of The Day

I like this for two reasons. I like it because (a) unlike a sizeable proportion of the electorate Barking Spider hasn't forgotten or forgiven what the last thirteen years have done to this country and (b) it's true.

I was wondering earlier how people can forget so quickly that Blair/Brown/Mandelson et al are to blame for the mess we find ourselves in so I'm happy to see that the blogosphere is still angry.  So many blogs have closed down since May but they're still needed - my blog roll is a mess of 'gone-aways' and 'be-back-soons'.  (I've had to take off three or four in the past two days, including Scunnert, Red Squirrel and Man of the Woods who all left without a note).

Saying that the previous govt was a load of evil cr*p doesn't mean that the LibServatives are any better but, on the bright side and if the electorate continue to be so forgiving, they still have another twelve years and two hundred days to prove they're rubbish and mess up our lives even further. Personally, I'll give it anything between six and twelve months.  I'm afraid I've never been convinced and I'm already disaffected.

4 comments:

  1. ? Sorry OR but we'll see how things go once Parliament assembles in September but, be honest, Cameron doesn't look like a strong leader :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling extremely disaffected myself, GV, Cameron and Clegg are both Left-wing Tories/Right-wing Libtards with their noses stuck firmly up the EU's arse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! wish I could do animations like that,very good BS.
    There is NO cure for the malaise of the present incumbents of the political parties in the UK, too much priviledge and too much money leave them completely isolated from the people. They keep choosing 'leaders' who can be mistaken by the common man as the common man, and then the common man is stupid enough to vote for them, I despair of the voters of the UK as well as the political parties themselves.
    When will 'enough' be enough GV?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails