"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 27 September 2010

Don't Kill Bill



Thank you to 'Bill' for reminding me of this Mel Brooks' comedy. Anyone who hasn't seen the original film should get a move on before references are deleted by YouTube under EU regulations. The Busby Berkeley sequence never fails to make me laugh.

4 comments:

  1. The recent remake was a pointless exercise, GV, you can't improve on perfection! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What remake? No, don't tell me! Thank goodness I missed it, Spidey. I love Mel Brooks and this is one of his best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did a remake with Matthew Broderick a few years ago, but the whole bloody film was a musical which totally blows the whole concept of this theatre sequence in the original - I deliberately missed it - yuck!

    And of course, once they had the movie script and the movie to adapt, they staged it live on Broadway - how predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some things in life pass me by - fortunately this was one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails