"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 14 September 2010

I Care

I care that my vote for representation in Westminster has no meaning.
I care that British Parliamentary Democracy is shown to be a sham.
I care that almost a million of our children have been put on a 'Special Needs' register out of political expediency thus diluting funds for those genuinely in need.

I used to work in a school for children with varying degrees of cerebral palsy   - the children were all individuals and they all had names; they weren't numbers to be ticked by the local authority but that's what they became.

I loathe any political system whereby people become numbers to be accounted for.  Under the circumstances, there would never be a honeymoon for this coalition of 'Red Tories'.

2 comments:

  1. I love to say this..."I told you so"...honeymoon!!!! FFS its a fucking government we need, instant leadership, not a friggin honeymoon. and if they cannot lead immediately in the worst conditions this country has faced for nearly 100 years they shouldn't be there!!!!...and then to break for their summer holidays straight after WTF are we paying them for the useless...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails