"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 17 September 2010

It's No Good

I'm never going to get home at this rate; I can't even take a two-week break from the blog.  I'm supposed to be concentrating on financial matters and Powers of Attorney but I keep switching on the news and reading the online press.  My fingers have been so itchy that even while signing my life away I can't help but wonder about the likes of Shahid Malik and his wife's engagement ring, which was insured by us.

It may seem like a trivial point but it isn't.  It's in the small things that you see what people are - not in the grand-standing political gestures.  He isn't the only one to have been so arrogant and ill-mannered when found wanting on integrity and far too many re-elected MPs have escaped lightly or scot-free.

Pope & Muslims don't mix.  This article is from the Daily Telegraph, not known for hyperbole or fomenting division.  I've been away for five years and I wonder what North London is like these days?  Open-door immigration and self-made ghettoes are a disgrace in what is,  according to our government, still a sovereign nation.

It's the EU, you muppets  I joined the DM website  today just to respond to this article but they haven't printed it, possibly because I included a link to the press release which reported Vivian Reding's original announcement.  Neither have they printed my 2nd comment querying their "comments below have not been moderated" statement, which I think tells you more about the DM than it does about me.  Nevertheless, the important thing to note is that this Harman/May initiative is down to the EU.

The rest of the news is par for the course: Vince Cable is 'threatening to resign' over the cap on immigration.  I wish he would actually.  He was an over-hyped and over-promoted Liberal Democrat Minister, feted by the msm and adored by the crowds for nothing more than his northern accent and shallow politicking.

Phil Woolas, the MP who won by a re-count and 103 votes at the GE, is now being tried before two High Court judges in a specially-convened electoral court, says:  "Lying would have been political suicide."   I don't think so.  I think it's served them pretty well until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails