"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The EDL: Going Nowhere?

Clipart

If the video clip below shows EDL supporters in a true light then they must re-think their strategy before they can attract a wider range of people to their cause; I'm against Shari'a courts, extremist clerics, wrong food labelling and porous borders but I wouldn't stand beside any of them at the moment any more than I'd march with Hate Not Hope.

A terrible dichotomy of two diametrically-opposing views is springing up again: the UAF/SWP (still supported, unbelievably, by Cameron; marches not banned) and the EDL (vilified as 'extreme', 'right wing'; marches banned) and it looks as though, between the two sides, the Flag of St George is going back to the bad old days  - and it's my flag; something to be proud of; it isn't a symbol of racism or thuggery.

I daresay  the EDL have been infiltrated by everyone from the UAF to the NF and MI5 but, even allowing for disinformation and subversion tactics (which I do), the footage below makes uneasy and dispiriting viewing.  It's shot from inside a fast food cafe where families were enjoying a quiet meal - until the EDL walked past.  There is a blackout and disconnect between when EDL supporters walked through the doors and filming begins again in a back room - no-one can be sure what happened in the interim except those who were there.



One other, related, point: We must keep asking questions, eg why was it so easy for Scotland & Wales to have their own devolved Assemblies but the English are denied and forced to fight for every inch of ground?  I don't know much but I do know that British machiavellian politics stinks.  Just to rub salt into the wound, I found .gifs of the flag under "United Kingdom, UK flags, Great Britain, St George Cross" while Scotland and Wales were correctly tagged. It seems that nobody has heard of England these days but I eventually found one here.

Btw, if you're worried about privacy on the web take a look at this..  Thanks, EDL.

6 comments:

  1. This appears to be heavily edited, who are the people entering the restaurant at 19 sec just before the attack and why does one guy at the counter appear to be holding a knife?
    Not condoning the attack, but I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye.
    The EDL forum probably have a thread going on it, might be worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks QM but I'm tired of politics and media dissimulation.

    That includes BNP/EDL/government/media lies. I'm going to wait until my feet are back on English ground and I can find out for myself.

    The only truth I know at the moment is that the EU is corrupt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This clip looks damning and very ugly indeed. There is absolutely no excuse for violence such as this. No doubt there is a heavy hooligan element within the EDL and such behaviour drags the good name of the English through the mud. As you rightly point out, there is a world of difference between objecting to Islamisation within our country and advocating this sort of repellent behaviour. What on earth did these idiots hope to achieve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've no idea, Durotrigan, but I think it's right we ask questions. Perhaps the hooligan element is confined to videos and the rest of the EDL are angels?

    One thing we have learned is that the UAF are a conglomerate of charlatans. They fight for what they say they oppose - how stupid is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angels? I think not. It’s best to be objective. We need something more along the lines of the PVV here to articulate concerns about Islamisation in a political fashion, but if such an organisation/party were to emerge, you can guarantee that the opposition flak would be exceptionally heavy from the outset.

    As for the UAF I concur with you: they are an oxymoronic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, Durotrigan, I thought you might catch a failing soh :) You're right - it's best not to be flippant.

    Everybody already knows that opposition to the BNP/EDL/Wilders Pvv is too late for England - we have no Parliament, no Assembly, no 'devolved' government.

    Their problem, truthfully, is that we know they lied.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails