"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 23 October 2010

Start As You Mean To Go On



We have a country to defend, over and above politicians who negotiate our land away above our heads and votes.

This was my first post: "A multitude of causes unknown to former times are now acting with a combined force to blunt the discriminating powers of the mind, and unfitting it for all voluntary exertion to reduce it to a state of almost savage torpor." Wordsworth.

This was my second:

At the corner of Wood Street, when daylight appears,
Hangs a Thrush that sings loud, it has sung for three years:
Poor Susan has passed by the spot, and has heard
In the silence of morning the song of the bird.

'Tis a note of enchantment; what ails her? She sees
A mountain ascending, a vision of trees;
Bright volumes of vapour through Lothbury glide,
And a river flows on through the vale of Cheapside.

Green pastures she views in the midst of the dale
Down which she so often has tripped with her pail;
And a single small cottage, a nest like a dove's,
The one only dwelling on earth that she loves.

She looks, and her heart is in heaven: but they fade,
The mist and the river, the hill and the shade;
The stream will not flow, and the hill will not rise,
And the colours have all passed away from her eyes!

Wordsworth

I've felt for a long time that I've come full circle. Beyond reporting about the EU's latest adventure I see nothing but boots and feet. My feet and tptb's boots. It's down to us to challenge the daily intrusions and each of us must speak up for what we believe in.

You wouldn't think I was a Buddhist would you? Or, perhaps, given the state of Tibet, you would.

2 comments:

  1. That video was 10 minutes well spent, duly nicked.
    As for defending our country I'm afraid that I gave up and fled London twenty years ago as it sank into the mire. I found some sort of semi-rural sanctuary by the sea but even here entropy is all around and franky I'm pleased that I have no children to survive me in the coming wasteland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew what the answer was, maybe getting involved with local politics would help but even that seems so removed from the eu/nwo agenda - a bit like spitting in the ocean.

    Glad you liked the video - a cheery end to the evening and a reminder of what we're missing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails