"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 6 November 2010

Cats Jabbed, Flights Booked


Come what may, flights are booked for next Thursday - though I still have to hear from the vet confirming a Tuesday evening appointment for Jazz and Suki's final passport stamp.  The removal company has been really understanding and is sending two men to transport beds/bedding on Thursday morning because Monarch is only flying one plane a day from Malaga to Gatwick at mid-day.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but they're wrong.  Being arrested, being conned, being asked to provide sex with chickens can all change a woman, believe me.  Add to that the time I've had available to look around and see what's going on politically and I'm not a happy bunny at all.  Not one bit.

On to more serious matters: I've been checking out my bookmarks and wondering how to transfer them all to a new pc.  In case they don't make the transition, here are some of the more interesting ones:

(Oh, btw, I'd like to thank the idiot who called me "a posh twat" on Gotty's blog for knowing  the word "placate").

Have another look at this YouTube video.  I flagged it as being "harmful & abusive" so a few more thumbs-down can't hurt :-)
Delicious coffee body scrub
How to brainwash a nation
Rostropovich plays the prelude to Bach's Cello Suite No. 1
Gordon Dipple
EU 'allows' states to ban GM crops
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
 Is Alex Jones a distracting shill?
Nocton Farm etc
Somewhere on the front row
Pedicure Perfection
Most important of all

I doubt there'll be any posts next week.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck for the coming week GV!
    As for the thick twat that called you a 'posh twat' ... I suppose we shouldn't really mock the afflicted because their IQ level stops just short of a chav scum XFactor watcher.

    Oh, I just did ;-)
    Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posh twat.

    Placate?

    I've never played cate before but it sounds fascinating. Is it a snobs game? Does it involve hamsters?

    Travel safe, old love. See you when you get here.

    CR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, it's taken such a lot of organising that I can hardly believe it's here at last. A frisson (pt?) of excitement is beginning to kick in now :-)

    That comment made oi larf, to coin a phrase - I've no doubt been called a twat before but never 'posh'.

    I'll see you on the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails