"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Friday, 19 November 2010

On The Mend

I must be - I can summon enough energy to raise two fingers to all the following news reports:

An illegal immigrant for 64yrs
Wtf not?  Camilla could be Queen
Well, hello Goldfinger, and thanks for the bond, Bond
More bonds, more bankers, more bonuses
Tax doesn't have to be taxing in the UK, but it is
Listening to LBC, most people agree - so why is Cameron so angry?
Propping up Cowen
Eric Joyce, mouth of Scottish Labour, banned for a year or here

Plus anything to do with the most watched on 4OD, BBC iPlayer or ITVplayer.

Honestly?  I can't bear reading the papers anymore - the comments are even worse.  It's as though I've descended into a pit of envious, clawing people when I read them - and it makes little difference whether it's the DM or the Grauniad.

This article though, had me laughing fit to raise my blood pressure: Strauss-Kahn says, "Cede more sovereignty to the EU."

For  pity's sake, what little do we have left?  Bloody corporatists/politicians/fascists.  I want my country back, you bastards; I want my life back - free of state intrusion.  I want it free from local government intrusion never mind that from Westminster or the three or four times removed European Union.  Get Off My Back.
In what are likely to prove controversial proposals, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the IMF managing director, called on the European Union to move responsibility for fiscal discipline and structural reform to a central body that is free from the influences of member states.

In a speech in Frankfurt addressing the sovereign debt crisis engulfing Europe once again, he said: “The wheels of co-operation move too slowly. The centre must seize the initiative in all areas key to reaching the common destiny of the union, especially in financial, economic and social policy. Countries must be willing to cede more authority to the centre.”

Europe is plagued by crisis because member states put too much faith in banks and let their public finances run out of control. Greece has already been bailed out and Ireland is expected to agree a €100bn (£85bn) rescue within days. Portugal is also at risk.
I'm feeling distinctly hot & short-tempered and at liberty to tell them to just fuck off and leave me alone, the pig-stealing swine.

Excuse me while I go back to my Night Nurse and my hallucinations of John Betjeman.



Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails