"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

PMQs: The Doctor-itis Edition

I must have some subconscious phobia about doctors. No sooner do I decide to make an appointment for a general check-up than my head spins, my temperature rises and I end up zonked out and shivering under a duvet. I consequently drifted in and out of PMQs and missed most of it. I vaguely remember MPs being hyperactive and very vocal before I dreamt fitfully of men with shotguns bursting through a living room door and threatening my eldest son and my mum. I, of course, was the redoubtable heroine who simultaneously slammed the door in their faces, deflected their bullets, fired back at them and led the way to escape through a window. If only life were so simple.

The best I can do this week is watch iPlayer and post videos here when they're available. In the meantime, a cup of tea beckons.

Oh, here are some links I was looking at yesterday evening. They won't interest everyone, they're really 'just for the record':

Secret bases UK
Project Echelon
Menwith Hills
Fylingdales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails