"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 27 December 2010

When A Good Girl Goes Bad

When a good girl goes bad it's taken a lot of knocks to reach that stage; it takes quite a bit of effort to push a good girl to anger but you'll know it if you do.  Respect for the police, respect for our Armed Forces, respect for school, church, neighbours all seem to have gone by the board in our progressive, post-democratic society.  A good girl wouldn't go bad if she felt that the government was doing something positive to reinstate these values; at least they could make the effort, make a good show of things with all the right noises..

The problem is that when the good girl looks into what the government says and contrasts it with what the government does, she gets cross.  When she goes out into the street and her smiles aren't just ignored but actively snarled at, she tends to go home unhappy.  Shop-keepers will find they no longer see the good girl again, she'll take her custom elsewhere, and people generally will find she's reached the stage where she'll give as good as she gets, if she has to.  Thereby, the good girl becomes part of the problem.

I've been back some five or six weeks now and all I see are enclosed, 'watch-my-space' people.  They're busy, pre-occupied people who've forgotten that everyone they pass on the street has a story of their own, quite unique to themselves.  England has changed.  It's become suspicious, edgy and prone to blame others.  Unfortunately, the 'others' are usually the neighbours.

I've been blogging for about two yrs now and no-one is listening.  Government is corrupt so government is where anger should be expressed, not Mr Public next door.  If you're still a good girl/boy then think twice/three times before you vote for the Lib/Lab/Con con in 2014 and if you've gone bad definitely think four/five times before you take your anger out on friends/neighbours/passing strangers..

Months ago I blogged about MEPs and MPs  swapping places - 'valued work experience' the EC said - and no-one took me up on it.   It was a kind of getting-to-know-you EU project endorsed by our governments since 1997.   2011 is going to be a very bad year.

All I ask of anyone who drops by is to think about what's happened to our country and then look at the EU directives.  We, the disunited kingdom and its assemblies/governments, appear to be in the vanguard of the nwo and we should be ashamed of ourselves.  Perhaps that's why folk seem so downtrodden and dejected, though I doubt it.  I don't believe people know where the blame lies.

The intention of this blog wasn't to regurgitate 'news'; it was to bring advance warning and I think it did that - everything is in the archives.  It's going to be blog-lite for a while because I see no point in re-posting what I've already blogged about.  All I've ever wanted is for people to look around and ask questions. I only have to look back through my blog to see how much information has been erased, for the public good.



1
2
3

9 comments:

  1. The problem is, GV, that the people we looked to have turned against us and are now part of the problem.

    People are beaten - but they will rally to a real leader - it's just that leaders in Britain with any integrity are thin on the ground at the moment.

    But, chin up - we keep going, that's what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look back, they always were part of the problem. I'm glad this corner of the blogosphere has blogs like yours to take over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZRLQ3zJxA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't be far, TT - I'm going to check out local politics and see what's happening, if anything. UKIP sounds as good a place as any to start. I'll probably be back for when Parliament kicks off again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GV, repetition and constancy can win through. It may often seem no one is listening but in reality they are. Pub talk has been reduced, blogging helps fill that loss. Be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GV, Don't you dare think about giving up this blog. Not for one minute do you hear me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dig this blog man. I can relate to the "no one listening" thing. It seems like everyone is entombed in distraction - flashing noisy TVs and a million and one things to do on the Enter Net, and then out on the mean streets it's the walking profane with their heads on backwards and their eyes clamped firmly closed. You seem to be from England - I'm from the States, but I get the feeling that, as the cliche goes, "things are tough all over." Peace and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The definition of good girl is an entire philosophical area in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't gone far, OR. I've been checking out local UKIP - there's a slight problem in that the nearest association meets in Edmonton. I don't think that's somewhere good girls frequent.

    I'm not giving up, Sean & RoD, not yet. I'm just investigating grassroots associations to see if there's anything I can actually do as well as write about. There'll be more whistling into the wind next year :-)

    James, if being in a state of 'goodness' is subjective then all I can say is I'm not being bad, well, not tonight at least :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails