"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Oh Dear!

I wish more people read papers other than the DM or the Guardian; I wish more people read blogs than watched Newsnight/News at Ten or whatever it's called these days.  I wish people weren't so partisan.  'Tribal' seems to be the msm's mot de jour.*

No-one can get the full facts from an insular reading of just one newspaper or one tv news channel yet, surprisingly, many people do read and watch a variety of msm but receive the same message as those who only read from one source . I wonder why? It couldn't possibly be because, to paraphrase, "they're all in it together", could it?

Everyone with a pc can 'google' these days - I prefer ixquick because they don't record your ISP, not that I'm sure it does me any good - so see if you can find out for how long the BBC, as an example, has been taking EEC/EU money. You might have to trawl back many decades. Once you've found that out, ask yourself why the BBC rarely mentions the EU in relation to any government's policies. Ask yourself why there seems to be no strategic change between one government and the next; question 'authority' and just say 'No' seem to be the order of the day.

Since I came back to England I don't have as much time to devote to the blog as I'd like - I'm dealing with 'authority' with a capital 'A'. Apparently I don't exist, which would be fine with me except I'd like access to my bank account.  NatWest, despite three branch visits, two letters and five phone calls, still post statements and pin numbers to Spain.

On a tangent, getting registered with a local GP is also rather fraught. The one closest to me has been rated 'lousy' so I went to a better-rated one a street away only to be told it was too problematical without my NI number, oh, and btw, you're too ill to register here. Now, I really don't give a f*ck* about getting registered with a GP - what happens, happens, and what comes, goes. It's the bureacracy of it that sends my blood pressure up to the rafters.. Perhaps I was lucky - I only had to fill in three forms for each GP asking the most intimate details.

I await this year's census (which I hear will be the last) with a mixed sense of mischief, pleasure and evil-doing. Last time I was a Jedi but I'm thinking that this time I'll throw a huge spanner in the works and I'll just be English, White, Christian.

* pemf **
** pemf - please excuse my french

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails