"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 28 February 2011

If You Believe This, You'll ... ...

You know the rest.

I can barely find the words this morning so make free use of the comments to call Lincolnshire’s Chief Constable Richard Crompton all the names under the sun if you want to.   He has defended the use of d-i-y fingerprinting kits and insists:
‘It’s not policing on the cheap, it is people volunteering to do their bit within society.’
Here

It's become a regular event for me, daily in fact, to wonder who are the delusional amongst us.  I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality to these people, these police spookesmen (ACPO-influenced), the CEOs of local councils, the chairmen of quangos, the pro-Crow unionistas, lying politicos and MPs who swear black's white*, a media that reports half-truths and glosses over the rest ... endless.

I see I've got a typo above - it should be spokesmen but I'll leave it as it is, spookesmen will do just as well.

*  That reminds me.  Did anyone miss Mandelson's light sauteeing at the hands of Andrew Marr at the weekend?  Sick bags all round:

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality to these people

    Thank fcuk for that I thought it was just me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I gather there's a few of us around but today it's just you and me in the quiet corner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails