"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

!*&!***@?

God, I've just looked in the mirror to apply some make-up for only the 2nd/3rd time in five years and I have to ask "Wtf happened?"  True, it was a x9 magnification, which probably doesn't help to sustain the illusion that nothing's changed but, even so.  Where did those eyelids come from?  I haven't seen as much movement since Travolta burst on to the screen.

Well, I'm out for lunch now, maybe I'll find a hat shop on the way.

4 comments:

  1. GV, No doubt you are a vision of lovliness, thus the subject of your observation when looking in a mirror is therefore unfounded - but, one question?

    How does the purchase of a hat, which presumably is worn of top the head change the appearance of the face that is underneath it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to that!

    This time last year the face that looked back at me from the mirror was the face I was accustomed to.

    Several months later, after a brief illness, I looked to apply my makeup and everything had dropped "radically".. time for a facelift I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you have powers of observation from behind your keyboard, Mr! I am, of course, incredibly gorgeous. A wide-brimmed hat can do wonders, not to change a face, but to hide it :-)

    The sun in Spain doesn't help either, Sue. I found a tan, a lick of eyeliner and a slick of oil did the job but coming back here, losing the tan, I see it was all a cruel deception.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but you are perfect, as in the sense of being mature and fully ripened, as opposed to the 'perfect' bodies and faccs of the immature.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails