"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Monday, 7 March 2011

Slebs Should Butt Out Of Politics

I hardly know what to say. I had a not-too-bad time taking time out - sitting and watching the world go by while having my hair snipped into shape and my piggies pampered wasn't much of a hardship. And then I came home to this:



I've rarely heard such vacuous crap in all my born days. In one fell swoop, there goes all my omming.  It's the same every day and it's actually become worse since I took up omming in about 1974 - blame me and my kind, if you must, but please go easy on the rotten tomatoes - they're so bad for the complexion..

These media-created celebrities, constantly photo'd and written about by the press, are nothing but propagandists. See the advert, see the film, see the photos, hear the words but, whatever you do, don't wear the t-shirt.

We should tell them where to get off, just as we do other lobbying companies who intervene between the government and the electorate.

Product placement is probably the last step in our 'education' - lifestyle placement has been with us for decades - so how nice it is of tptb to agree to product advertisement within tv programmes, like a final nail in the coffin.

Repeat after me:   Om Mane Pembe Hum.


It hasn't gone away, has it?  It's still with us.

Actively fighting against it is now the only option.  And I'm not talking about demonstrations where everyone wears a mask.  When I defy authority, they'll see my face and know my name (Mrs Been-out-in-the-Sun-too-long, Merryweather Lane, England).

http://www.wikio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails