"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Traitor

That's Theresa Villiers, Conservative MP for Chipping Barnet - currently my local.

11 January 2011 - Voted against:  The sovereignty of the UK Parliament in relation to EU law
10 November 2010 - Voted for:  European Economic Governance
13 October 2010 - Voted against:    Draft EU Budget 2011 - amendment calling for a reduction in Britain's contribution
14 July 2010 - Voted for:  European External Action Service
11 March 2008 - Voted against:  Lisbon Treaty - Third Reading
05 March 2008 - Voted against:  Lisbon Treaty - Clause 8 (commencement without referendum)

I've never liked her anyway.

Your MP
People's Pledge already rattling MPs

9 comments:

  1. AH well GV, that is the price of being a Minister. Has to support the government in any vote - a deficit which I have blogged on many times before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they have to toe Cameron's line. That's also why I object to bullying whips - if an MP wants to climb the ladder they have to do as they're told rather than what their constituents elected them to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GV I snuck just over the constituency boundary to canvas against her with my mate before the GM using my RVM. We got a few converts to UKIP on sterile ground, then. She loves that whip. She's an internationalist, always has been always will be. I won't go further than that, you can guess the rest of my flowery verbiage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) She is truly a waste of space, Incoming, but she increased her majority to about 12,000 at the GE. We'll never be rid of these parasites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - at least your MP bothered to vote. Mine didn't even turn up for any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I shouldn't be shocked, PJH, but I am. How can these people promise to serve their constituents at election time and then just sod off and forget about them?

    Wait a minute - I've just clicked the link to show more votes and he didn't vote in any since 2008! Are you sure he's real and that you've got an MP up there?

    I see he's got a majority of 12,500+ as well - he needs a rocket up his b/side - to quote ITV, I'm "shocked & appalled".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, to be fair, Ian Merns' only been in office since the last election, with a 74% attendance record. (The PP site only shows what the /then/ councillor for the constituency voted for, regardless of whether it is the same person or not.)

    Still pretty dire if he's actively avoiding the relevant votes however.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fascinated by this guy. Look at this:
    voting record 50% in favour of the EU, 100% in favour of the smoking ban. Many times he just didn't vote at all. Is he ill? Bed-ridden?

    Then I turned to the 'friends' section to see which other MPs voted in a similar way to Mearns. It seems he's in a class of his own - he has no friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like we crossed. I still think you're being too kind - but I take your point :-) He's still friendless though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails