"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Tuesday, 29 March 2011

What Has Europe Done For Us

Right, I've done the usual trawling through of the rags and mags and I'm ffffinffffurious before I've even started writing it up. It doesn't bode well for a jokey edition of WHEDFU so let's call this The Whinge Edition of EU Cockwaffle To Infinity & Beyond.

By the way, I was wrong about something I wrote up yesterday - the ESFM, Osborne, Cameron and the Greening memo.   I said we'd be lucky if it got much coverage - how wrong am I?   It's being reported here, tucked away in the DT's financial pages.

First of all, the main issue for me today.
EP refuses access to anti-fraud investigators.

Here's the rest:
EC produces its own 'Shadow' EC
Euro-Plus Pact: If you don't like it, leave the room
Proposal for full-scale EU military budget12 pages of EU self-aggrandisement.
Fourth MEP caught in laws for favours scam: "She was very attractive," he said in mitigation
Den Dover appeals against court ruling to pay back c£300,000
MEPs vote for a 2012 2.7% budget increase
No-mark appoints three new no-marks
Kenny: Ireland will retain its rate of Corporation Tax. Ireland will not be bullied.
European Union's Naval Forces say Kuwaiti oil tanker seized
1.5 trillion euros needed for EU's "post-oil" transport overhaul
Eritreans displaced by Mid-East conflicts to be resettled by the EU, secretly
Sarkozy warns other Arab leaders of more of the same
The debate on a one-seat EU Parliament heats up
Same old, same old: 'Spend your allocation now or have a lower budget next year, urges EU Commissioner for the Regions

Okay, that's it for today's WHEDFU; it's taken hours of digging through floating sewage so 'this much for today' as Tibetans say.  If Tibetans were more forthcoming they might say something along the lines of:

I am not part of a f/ing 'region' because I want to be,  I am part of a f/ing region because I was slip-slided into it by cretinous, devious British [or insert word here] governments. I want my vote, I want my referendum. Cameron, [or insert word here], you wearer of brothel-creepers*, we're watching you.

No UN Resolutions for them, nothing since 1949,  and there'll be nothing for us either.

*********************
I came across this related news, the articles that make it into the press, in between collating the above cockwaffle. It comes mainly from the DT:

The Peninsula War rears its head - and to think we hauled their b/sides out of the coals
Italy negotiates a safe haven on behalf of Gaddafi
Plans to extend Spain's draconian anti-smoking laws to Camp Nou
Merkel's dilemma
£300m EU fines still on the cards despite Boris' jokes   However, he does have a point in that noxious gases do emanate from the continent.
Berlusconi as 'the most accused man in history & the universe'  How ironic it would be if this man's claims were true - that he is the target of a communist plot.  Next he'll be telling us that he's being taken out like Gadaffi, for being an obstacle to the NWO.

Finally, a nice bit of revolutionary product placement from the Guardian:

Portugal's heros
Madrid surrenders to Franco

PS Because I'm in this sort of mood, I'm inclined to agree with Janet Street-Porter about Twitter.  I've wasted a week of my life looking at this 'fabulous technology' and, yet, I don't see it's worth.  I see news that I've tweeted appear a day or two later from a different source.  I've responded to people's intelligent tweets but they don't respond to me.  It's like the msm in many ways in that 99% of the time they're behind too.  In fact, I actually commented at the DM this morning telling people to google 'Labour's Last Chance Saloon' on AV and stop relying on msm headlines for their truths.  Have they printed it?  No, of course not, and I'm cross that all the msm is not only subject to D-Notices and supra-injunctions but also censors the knowledge that its readers could gain through comments.

I don't know why I bother with the DM really - here's one of its stories:  A house in Swansea looks like Hitler

In the interests of balance, here's one gem it gets right and is the reason I still read it:  The Literary & Scientific Institutions Act of 1854  is still in force.  "...  introduced to encourage Britain’s wealthiest families into giving their lands to charity to boost surrounding areas...should the land cease to be used for the purposes specified at the time of granting it, a reverter clause would kick in, meaning the land would be transferred back to its original owner." The lesson here is, if your Library is under threat, make it your business to find out what rules apply.


* For those who don't know what brothel-creepers were, they were soft-soled shoes worn by men who would shuffle from whore to whore, pay money, gain favours and slide out again without anyone knowing.  I do believe Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and David Cameron own a pair.  Thankfully, we now have the internet so modern-day brothel-creepers are in plain view.

7 comments:

  1. Erm, I think it better if I come back later..... (when a lady's this upset, time to beat a hasty retreat!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing I've said is unrue, MrW. That's what makes it all so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My earlier comment GV was a weak attempt to lighten your mood - obviously a dismal fail!

    Accept and agree that nowt you said is untrue and like you feel it is extremely sad. However before you returned it was obvious the msm are in the pockets of the polies, hence certain views do not yet published.

    If it helps, I have retweeted and linked to you, unfortunately but for a few, EU and democracy are not subjects that interest the masses - another sad but true fact.

    Still we continue..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed we do, Mr W. Tonight I shall be mainly... waltzing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you for re-tweeting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on guys, at least we get to put our ire and criticism somewhere! Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, OR - keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails